Friday, May 25, 2012

This, too, shall pass.

It's the last day of school 2012.  Every year on the first day of school I would tell and remind my son that I would ask him on the last day of school if the year went by quickly or slowly.  Each year I would ask, and each year he would say the year went by fast.  The reason I did so was to begin establishing in his mind the feeling and appreciation of how fast time passes.

Some of the most comforting feelings I've had during difficult times were the times that I relied on the saying "This, too, shall pass."  After that fact was settled in my mind I could move forward.  Because after many experiences whereupon I have relied on that maxim, I confidently know that this, too, shall pass.

Additionally, instead of flashing through life without appreciation, I have learned the importance of preserving memories and collecting them as reference points for guidance.  I've tried to teach the same to him, so when he faces difficult times in the future he'll know that in a very short time, this, too, shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment